Effective as of: January 8, 2019.
1. What information do we collect from you and how do we use it?
In order to better serve you, we collect two types of information about our users: Personal Information and Non-personal Information.
Personal Information. Personal Information refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. For example, our online inquiry forms may ask you to voluntarily provide contact information such as your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address. Except as discussed herein, we do not collect any Personal Information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. Other than information you provide through inquiry forms, we may also collect the Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using. Your Personal Information is used to provide services to you, to fill orders, and improve our product and service offerings. We may use Personal Information to deliver information to you including our newsletter, events information, and offers to purchase our products and services and to contact you regarding administrative notices. We may also use your Personal Information to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
When you make purchases through the Site, you will need to provide Personal Information like your mailing address and financial account information to us for payment processing or to our third party service providers (such as PayPal, Amazon, Apple iTunes, or Google Play). We do not collect or store your financial information, though we may receive transaction identifiers and summary information that does not include credit card or bank account numbers.
Non-personal Information. Non-personal information refers to information that we gather based upon how you use or visit our Site that does not by itself identify you specifically. For example, we may collect the Web site’s URL that you just came from, and what browser you are using. Also, when you use our Site, through a mobile device (such as a mobile phone or tablet), we may receive information about your device through its unique device identification number. We use non-personal Information to diagnose problems with our servers and software, to administer our Site and to gather general demographic information.
2. With whom do we share your information?
We do not sell, trade, or rent your Personal Information to others. We do provide some of our services through contractual arrangements with affiliates, services providers, payment processors and other third-party service providers. For example, our third-party service providers may use your Personal Information to confirm payment for products and services purchased on this Site; to accomplish the delivery of products that you ordered; or to help us provide customer service. Please note that we strive to use only reputable third-party service providers; however, their use of your Personal Information is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party service providers, and is not subject to our control.
3. How to opt-out or change your Personal Information?
If you indicated upon registration that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us, we may occasionally send you email’s about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You may opt out of email marketing by using the unsubscribe link in such email. You may also correct or change your Personal Information and privacy preferences by contacting us by email at email@example.com. Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us. While we will strive to comply with your requests, please note that we may not be able to delete information associated with past transactions on this Site or completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
4. What security precautions are in place to protect your information?
The importance of security for your Personal Information is of utmost concern to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You can be assured that we use commercially reasonable means consistent with industry standards to protect your Personal Information.
5. Do we use “cookies”?
When you use our Site, we may store cookies and/or web beacons, pixels, and anonymous network tags (together “Cookies”) on your computer to facilitate and customize your use of our Site. Cookies are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s or device’s hard drive while you are viewing the website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close the web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Services. This type of information is collected to make the Services (and those of third parties) more useful to you and to tailor your experience with us to address your special interests and needs. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites or apps you visit. Whilst you are always free to decline use of these if your browser permits, some parts of our Site may not work properly in that case.
6. Do we use “Google Analytics”?
We may use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about your use of our Site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often a user visits a site, what pages s/he visits when s/he does so, and what other sites s/he used prior to coming to this site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve our Site and the products and services we offer to you via the Site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. For more information about how Google uses this data, please visit www.google.com/ policies/privacy/partners/.
7. What should you know about third party sites accessible from our Site?
8. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Right to access: the right to request certain information about, access to and copies of the Personal Information about you that we are holding (please note that you are entitled to request one copy of the Personal Information that we hold about you at no cost, but for any further copies, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee based on administration costs);
- Right to rectification: the right to have your Personal Information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure/”right to be forgotten”: where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent and the right to request that we delete or erase your Personal Information from our systems (however, this will not necessarily apply if we do not rely on your consent to carry out the processing, if we are required to hold on to the information for compliance with any legal obligation, or if we require the information to establish or defend any legal claim);
- Right to restriction of use of your information: the right to stop us from using your Personal Information or limit the way in which we can use it;
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we return any information you have provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, or that we send it directly to another company, where technically feasible; and
- Right to object: the right to object to our use of your Personal Information including where we use it for our legitimate interests or, if applicable, for marketing purposes.
Legal Basis for Processing
The following legal bases apply to the ways in which we use and share an individual’s Personal Information:
- We process Personal Information on the basis of our performance of our contract with the individual, or in order to create such a contract. Our contract with the individual requires us to collect their data as set out in this Policy and the Terms of Service.
- We also process the information provided by an individual in our legitimate interests in ensuring our business is conducted legitimately, to a high standard, and to market our Services. Requests in relation to the above rights should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Consent to Processing in the United States.
We reserve the right to delete your Personal Information at any point and for any reason and are not liable to you for such deletion. We retain your Personal Information for so long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it. If you want your email address or other Personal Information removed from our systems, please either unsubscribe or email email@example.com. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to retain your Personal Information for a longer period to comply with a legal action and/or a complaint.
11. How Can I Access, Correct, and Update Personal Information?
You can access, correct, and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that we will process your request as quickly as we reasonably can, but it may not be possible to update our systems immediately.
12. Your Choices/Unsubscribe.
You will have an opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving the email newsletter and events /offers material and information from our Services, by clicking on an “unsubscribe” hyperlink contained in email newsletter and events/offers emails that we send you. Additionally, you may email us at email@example.com. Because customer lists often are prepared well in advance of an offering (sometimes a few months before the offer is made), you may continue to receive some offers after you send us a request not to use your information for specified marketing purposes. Please be aware
13. Notice to California Residents/Your California Privacy Rights.
14. Choice of Law.
16. What else should you know about your privacy online?
You must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use this Site. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Information about visitors that are under 18 years of age.
We may disclose Personal Information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to comply with the law or with a legal process served on our Site.
For all in-person, phone or Skype appointments or to contact The Spiritual Owl:
Tel: +1 239.980.2273
For all Events & Production inquiries please contact our Production Coordinator, Gail:
Tel: +1 310.775.5781
Printing by: California Green Press